Friday, August 22, 2008

A runaway American dream...

Oh, please let this be true.
I received an email today from someone very, very close to me who works in an important position for a company that is working directly with Invesco Field at Mile High. They had a meeting at the convention center with a couple of (company name) political consultants, one of whom is the daughter of a very well known concert promoter here in Denver. She told my brother that her father has signed Bruce Springsteen to play at the Obama acceptance speech!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

It's very much true. I snuck a reference to it over at Pols last week, not sure if anyone saw it.

I've been told that it's Black-Eyed Peas (not my thing), Willie Nelson and The Boss.

Eric Rubin said...

bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuce

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord! I'm hoping he sings "Land of Hope and Dreams."

This train
Carries saints and sinners
This train
Carries losers and winners
This Train
Carries whores and gamblers
This Train
Carries lost souls
This Train
Dreams will not be thwarted
This Train
Faith will be rewarded
This Train
Hear the steel wheels singin'
This Train
Bells of freedom ringin'

Seth Masket said...

Me, I'm pulling for "The Rising," but yours sounds really good, Robert. Also, I'd like it if he performed "She's the One" and dedicated it to Hillary. No, she doesn't have "eyes that shine like a midnight sun," but it would still be a nice gesture toward party unity, and I love that song.